Unusual Pelvic bone placement...

CrzyChknLdy82

Chirping
Aug 29, 2020
I have an Ameraucana pullet (cross breed not pure). she has no tail. I noticed when she was only a few days old she had a little pasty butt problem but when I cleaned it up her little pelvic bones were really close to the outer skin (I don't know how else to describe it other than I was afraid they'd poke through). Anyway it was never true pasty butt...just when she poops it doesn't clear her backside and makes a mess...doesn't block the vent just big clumps stuck to her feathers. Well she is about 3 months old now and I still have to clean her up about once every couple weeks. I was checking her out last night and noticed that her pelvic bones seem to be situated above her vent. Also they are extremely close together (less than 1 finger) compared to another pullet same age is about 1.5 fingers and seems to be positioned normally.

Has anyone else had something like this? I'm a bit concerned by this poop issue being related to pelvic bone placement and the likelihood of successful egg laying... Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom