Unwanted rooster no idea where to bring it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumnwedding

In the Brooder
May 10, 2020
so i recently got chicken about two months ago and this morning woke up to crowing noise. realizing it was one of mine i hopped out of bed to check which one it is. turns out it’s the one with the flat comb. really sounds like a boy going through puberty. where i live i can’t have any roosters only hens. any idea where i can bring him at all?

Not sure of the ages of your chickens; you don’t mention it in your post. Sounds like you had no idea you had a male. Be aware that a hen can ‘crow’ if they are the lead female. It also sounds like a choked version of a boy going through puberty.

They don’t do it all the time like a rooster would, isn’t as loud, and only occasionally happens, although when they first ‘discover’ they can do this, they do seem to do it most mornings. Then it will get less frequent.

My lead hen does this.

they were about 6-7 weeks when i posted that. the rooster is a definitely a rooster from what i can tell by the tail feathers and he’s started to act like it too. we found a good home for him now. his crow was very loud i could hear from my neighbors and our lead hens is mildly quiet.

so i recently got chicken about two months ago and this morning woke up to crowing noise. realizing it was one of mine i hopped out of bed to check which one it is. turns out it’s the one with the flat comb. really sounds like a boy going through puberty. where i live i can’t have any roosters only hens. any idea where i can bring him at all?
The nearest farm

they were about 6-7 weeks when i posted that. the rooster is a definitely a rooster from what i can tell by the tail feathers and he’s started to act like it too. we found a good home for him now. his crow was very loud i could hear from my neighbors and our lead hens is mildly quiet.
In my experience, hens won’t exhibit ‘crowing’ behavior at that age. I’m not saying they couldn’t, but just in my experience they wouldn’t. Too bad you got a rooster you couldn’t keep.

I just mentioned it to you to make sure your pullet was indeed a roo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom