*Up close and Graphic* What is happening here? Help!

RedNails55

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
Indiana
My drake (yes a duck) has been trying to mate this hen. We noticed she had a dirty butt and feathers missing a few days ago. Since then we have been soaking, cleaning, and putting antibiotic and anti-fungal cream on her. (That is the white stuff in the picture.)

She is about 2 years old, otherwise healthy. No change in appetite, runs around as always, and does not appear to be in any pain. She does feel warm but I do not know what a normal temperature for a hen is. She poos just fine.

Anyone have any other ideas that I could try? It is just not getting better, just drier.

Here are a couple pictures:

Thank you for any assistance. My poor baby. :(

I'd stay see needs a break from your drake. If you have another lady duck you could put her in with for a few weeks, that'll give her time to heal and company.

Everyone free ranges. My husband is build a separate area for the ducks and chickens. The ducks will stay in their area and only the chickens will free during the day. We are also thinking about what to do with the drake. He has two females and still bothers this chicken. The drake may have to go because he also beats on our rooster, who is a gentle guy.

For now I am worried what is going on with the hen.

Back
Top Bottom