up during the night

bubbastump22

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
madison,fl
can someone explain to me why my 3 geese r up and moving around at 1 am ? i found them yesterday as well up and moving around at 1.30am... i have checked there pen for snakes since its been in the 80s + for this week and there was nothing in the pen or around....do they do this normally or is it just mine

My gander doesn't talk he hollers at all hours of the night, I never hear the goose only the gander. They have their own safe sleeping quarters so other than he just likes to hear himself scream there is no reason for it.
idunno.gif

My bedroom is 'attached' to the garden, where some of the geese are. They keep me up all night. I get up multiple times during the night and check on them because they are so noisy! I figure they are just talking to each other. Get some rest.
hugs.gif

~ Aspen

so then ur saying its normal that geese do things like this at that time of the morning..i just dont want to b worried that there is something out there that is making them leave there pen...i mean i will hear them sometimes at night make noise but never leave there pen. its just been weird the last 2 nights that they head to the front of the house were there is light.. and aspen u r right..im tired..just needed to knw weather or not i needed to be worried...

Our geese make noise at night too, in fact its 4:20 am and they are talking now lol. They change up where they sleep sometimes, but it is typically by the pond. If there is a predator or an intruder, you will know it. They will freak out and all of them will scream so loud that it will wake the dead. They used to use domestic geese in wars because the birds would "warn" soldiers if the enemy came around. They are watchdogs and will scream loudly if there is a problem. They are also noisy if they mate or if there is a jockeying for position among the male geese. They fight a lot in Spring. If there was a problem, you would know it. They are just noisy fellas

I'd say it's perfectly normal for them to be talkative/noisy at night time. As long as their pen is secure and nothing can get to them, you have nothing to worry about...except getting no sleep!

~ Aspen

but here is the thing...tho..im not worried bout the noise cause they never leave the pen when there honking at night...but im sorry i miss led anyone.. my concern is that why would they be coming out of the pen at night and coming up to the front of the house were the porch light is on? i mean there pen is in complete darkness in the back of the house were the cant see that any lights are on...Could they just be up moving around to get a late night snack ?

Back
Top Bottom