Up half the night practically hallucinating!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, May 16, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    We watched the movie Marley and Me last night.

Baaaaaaaaaad idea! The book ended with them picking the new puppy. The movie does not. Very very very sad. I did not realize that DD2 was getting sick. She was running a fever and I hadn't spotted it. By movies end it was cllear this was not going to go well.

By 2 AM she had a 102 fever and she was freaking out about the dog. walking around her room saying, "I keep picking up dog hair!" Ranting about helping out the dog and her stomach flipping over.

We did what we could to cool her down safely and I sept with her (if you could call it that.) on the sofa. This morning she is only slightly feverish, doesn't remember last night at all........ [​IMG] Who said raising kids would be boring?

2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Raising kids is never boring! I hope your little one feels better soon. [​IMG]

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    On man... I used to do that to my folks alll the time.. I had bad ear infections, tubes, the lot... Would get a fever and Hallucinate alot , they would find me on the front porch in boxers in the winter shaking out my dads pants saying there was a rat in them.. Or Eating Imaginary food , or talking to my dead grandpa...

Yep kids are definitly an adventure.... Hold ON Tight and Enjoy the Ride..

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ohh dear been there and done that with my boy!.....[​IMG] to the little one hope she is feeing better today..............[​IMG]

5. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Oh my I am sorry. I hope she is feeling better now. My dd2 (who is 6) has night terrors and walks/talks in her sleep all the time. She has done this since she was very little. Can be very frightening sometimes. And I did notice that it gets worse when she's not feeling well.
    I had ordered Marley and me on netflixs and then Dh said it wasn't appropriate for the younger kids from what he had heard - basically the same thing you said - so I sent it back without ever watching it.
    I don't like sad dog movies.... [​IMG]

6. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I hope your dd gets better soon.
    MArley and me is such a great movie. I don't think it's appropriate for really young kids buy 10 and up can handle it. If you ever had a bad dog that you adored this movie is for you. Yes, it;s sad but unfortunately if you have a special dog, one day you have to make the choice of letting it go. marley lived to be an old dog and the writer by his compassion and love will meet him on rainbow bridge.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I saw it and even tho it ended sadly I thought it was a good movie that dealt with a pet and the loss of that pet in a very real manner. Lots of us are forced in our pet's last days to make that same decision. We don't do our kids any favors by protecting them from the hard parts of life. Living on a working farm with a cow herd my kids grew up dealing with the death of pets and other animals.

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    DD is feeling better today, not all better, but low grade fever and cranky..... but not too cranky to eat!~ Wheew can that child pack away some food when her body is burning up the fuel! Wow!

I knew Marley and Me was sort of sad, but it saoid family comedy on it and I think it was as many said - more appropriate for ten or older. My mistake, I should have prescreened which I usually do. There was a decent amount of cursing and alot of innuendo which the girls didn't get and wanted explained....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by