UPCOMING FLORIDA Swaps/Sales/Shows/Events/Fairs - GEORGIA too

Pics
I'm in Brooksville.  I have partridge Brahmas, mostly, and a few red splash and one blue.

How old are they, how many hens do you have, and how much do you want for them? I am on the east side of Brooksville.

I am asking $15 for the pullets. How many? I have probably 5 or 6 that I'm willing to give up, maybe a couple more. For sure, I have two or three partridge, two red splash, a blue ... it's too early for my mind to work!

Wouldn't you really like some boys?

Farm Swap at the Crystal River Mall the 4th Saturday
Monthly. Next swap Saturday June 28th, from 9am to
2pm. 1801 NW US Hwy.19, Crystal River, FL 34428, Next to
Office Max & Hwy 19. There are no fees to set up outside in
the parking lot area next to Office Max and the main mall
entrance in the parking area next to Hwy 19.If you are just
thinking about chickens or small livestock or already have an
established flock or small holding, then you won't want to miss
this event on the 4th Saturday monthly. Come join us for a day
of talking, swapping and selling poultry and small livestock.
Meet the locals. Swap stories and information on the care and
raising of your flock and small holdings. Buy/Sell/Trade
anything and everything to do with poultry and small livestock.
We usually have various breeds and ages of poultry, rabbits,
goats and sometimes piglets. There will be cages and crafts as
well as new poultry and livestock products at great prices.

Last edited:
I would like to put a swap together on my place.. Can anybody tell me how to go about doing this?

My best advice is to plan a few months in advance. You need a good size space for vendors to set up as well as vendor and customer parking. Some of my best swaps were planned several months in advance, then advertise. Put flyers out at local feed stores, Craigslist, BYC, and maybe pet stores. I don't know what your area is like. I was having them at my place but eventually went to the local Tractor Supply Company store and asked the manager if we could have a swap there in a section of the parking lot that is off to the side and he said we could try it for a month and see how it goes. We advertised the swap several months in advance and the store passed out flyers that I had made for the swap. I advertised it on BYC, Craigslist and other local places similar to Craigslist. We had a great turnout. The store donated a canopy we raffled off for a donation to our local FFA. Also we did the same with some bags of feed. The local 4H also had a food fundraiser serving hotdogs and hamburgs with chips and drinks. It has been 4 years now since we had our first TSC swap. Now we have it monthly and we usually have a very good turnout. Lots of traffic, lots of buyers. I can't tell you what to do but only what I did. A few months ago we started another swap at our local mall in the parking lot in an area that is not in the main parking lot area. We have a fair turnout. Because we are new at this location it will probably take a little while to really get going. There is a new Rural King Farm and Home store going in across the parking lot from where we are. We have the TSC swap on the 2nd Saturday monthly and the Mall swap on the 4th Saturday monthly. When Rural King opens I will make up flyers for the store to hand out to its customers. The store manager is very supportive of our swap. What ever you do good luck and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom