Update! 6 hatched so far -- day 20

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
I know, I know, my temps were a tad high and that is why this happened. Anywho, the chick pipped this morning and hasnt made any progress and its been at least 15 hours that I know of. It cracked the shell, but didnt pip through the membrane. I wasnt home all day, in and out, but when I did check on it the last few times it wasnt moving or anything. So I figured that since it hadnt pipped the external membrane that maybe it suffocated, but sure enough as soon as I was ready to do something about it, it peeped! WHEEEWW!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
caf.gif
wee.gif

Update:
6 so far hatched total
1 cuckoo maran
1 black copper maran
4 silver penciled wyandottes
still more pips and wigglers

Last edited:
Hang in there hon they can just sit there for twenty four hours and absorb. With it pipping early it knew it wasnt ready yet. You know the old saying Leave the bator shut. Good luck let us know when it gets here/

i got up at 5am and checked on it and its out and boy does it have a set of lungs on it! lol now ive got 4 more pips

ETA: ill post pics in a little bit

Last edited:
OK its day 20 and Ive already had one hatch and I just got home to 4 more chicks in the bator, 3 more silver penciled wyandottes and 1 maran....theres another maran getting ready to zip and one more pip that i can see.
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

it was between 100 and 102.....when it would get to 102.5 i turned it down and tried to keep it in the 101.5 area...its a still air

Back
Top Bottom