1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

update from egginburg castle

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hatboy, Oct 10, 2014.

1. hatboy

hatboy Hatching

Jul 21, 2014
    Coventry, England
    [​IMG]
    Just an update to obtain some feedback from you all.
    From the pic above you can see I have started to add a path to make collecting the eggs and gaining access to the run and coop easier and cleaner,It is from loose bricks I have collected over the past months. The girls seem to enjoy it and it will be made larger as I forage more materials.
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the perching palace the girls all love to hang around on or under this. This was knocked up in a matter of minutes using branches from an old tree that was in the way of extending our driveway.
    [​IMG]
    This is what we have named the Bear Grills bug hut. The frame is made from a load of old branches left over from the perching tree and then covered with the hedge trimmings from the front garden.
    [​IMG]
    Once the pathways are finished I am going to fill in the gaps between them with different materials such as bark chipping in one sand in another etc so it should become a patchwork of chicken delight.
    I hope you like what I am doing.

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Songster

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Looks very nice!

3. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here 7 Years

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Very cool. Love the perching palace.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: