UPDATE****I have a baby

silkiebeginer

Songster
12 Years
Jul 31, 2007
It hatched about 15 min ago. It still needs to get good and dry. I opened the lid just long enough to flip back over the pipped egg it knocked over but humidity didn't drop. Its toes on one of its feet is not stretched out though, is this normal? Has it just not had a chance to get good and stretched. It is using the other foot and holding its head up for short periods. Hope all goes well and it makes it. It is a real peeper, nice and loud.

Jennifer

Congrats on the new baby I have one due any day to hatch. I had one born a few days ago that had 1 toe that was a little bent not sure what happen but it walks fine.

It will probably be fine. Just needs time to adjust. I would not open the lid anymore though. It will make a difference in your hatch rate. he/she will be fine and if they do move the other eggs that will be fine too. I am sure that in a nest they others would get moved around and not have the ultimate treatment like those in our bators?? And they work out fine. Congrats and I hope you have more hatch for you.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom