Update---My First Chicken Coop---Pics-----

brkuk

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Howell, Mi
I got started on my coop this past weekend. It is 15x7 and the front is 8' high and the back is 6'3" high. I poured a cement pad about a week ago. I have the put the shingles on today. This weekend is siding which i got free from Freecycle.org. I thought i would share my Pics.

shed.jpg

shed2.jpg

Last edited:
That is so nice. It inspires me to try. I'm an almost middle-aged lady and I get so JEALOUS when I see what other people (and other people's husbands) can build! It is almost shameful. I need to dig in and make something - on my own!
Good luck completing your coop!

Very nice! Keep us posted! I love to see everyone's coops inside and out. It gives us all more ideas of what works well on our own places.

I have a few coops but have really fallen for the tractors.
Gives a whole new meaning to the song "She thinks my tractor's sexy" when DH builds one.
gig.gif

Looking good! That's nice & big - can't wait to see the final results!

Thanks so much for sharing pics!

Looks good so far!

My daughter and son-in-law live in Gregory, MI, a few minutes outside of Chelsea. I heard her talk about Howell.

I've tried to talk them into chickens, but they have 2 HUGE labs. Don't think they would get along.....

I got the FREE siding done this weekend. I need to do some wiring and the runs. Then the chickens can be free.
wee.gif

The First pic the wall looks off level. I think it is my Camera phone. All of the walls are square.

shed3.jpg

shed4.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom