UPDATE: My Roosters Health

Kimber_ly

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2023
update on my current situation with my rooster
We bought him the Nutri Drench (we were told to give him it two times a day) we also bought him chicken food and he hasn’t been eating the food at all. I have also noticed that the inside of his mouth is turning dark?( Before it was a pink) as well as his face and comb turning a dark purple. Any suggestions as to what it going on?

These people here will give you a for sure answer.
https://cahfs.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/

I believe it only cost 20 dollars for a necropsy with them.
If your rooster passes, I highly suggest you refrigerate his body and ship it to them so you can get an answer.
The answer could help potentially save other birds of yours.

Here is the OP’s other thread. His diet is not adequate. Onions should never be given. I would use an all flock/flock raiser type feed. I have also had roosters on layer feed when there are hens, without problems. It sounds like he could be dehydrated or possibly dying. Try to hold up a small cup of water, and add either electrolytes or a little sugar. Get him drinking well, and then if he will take some offer some wet chicken feed, scrambled egg, or tuna. What do his poops look like? Let us know how he is in the morning.

Here is the OP’s other thread. His diet is not adequate. Onions should never be given. I would use an all flock/flock raiser type feed. I have also had roosters on layer feed when there are hens, without problems. It sounds like he could be dehydrated or possibly dying. Try to hold up a small cup of water, and add either electrolytes or a little sugar. Get him drinking well, and then if he will take some offer some wet chicken feed, scrambled egg, or tuna. What do his poops look like? Let us know how he is in the morning.
Thank you and about the onion situation he had only ate it twice early on when he was around 3 we had heard that they where good for him but he only at 3 small pieces of diced onion after that he refused just to clarify that it was not an every day food for him. But I will update with anything big happens, Thank you again.

His poop was like liquid at first but recently he has started to poop a little bit more is mating an issue? He is I guess “an only child”

Back
Top Bottom