Update on coop after 10 months

Beautiful coop! I'm jealous!!
clap.gif

You coop is super good looking, but it is so sad to me when chickens are "cooped" up all day and not allowed to roam. Reall sad. How many do you have in there?
sad.png

Ole Rooster ...I have 4 Rhode Island Reds. I have gone with great effort to ensure that they are healthy happy hens.
smile.png
Plus the coop and pen area is kept extremely clean. Along with their crumbles and shell, I make sure to change out fresh water twice daily that I add 1/4 per gallon of ACV. Also, use DE in coop and pen. Plus twice daily they get their treats which varies but to include mealworms. Since i am on a lake I periodically get live crickets for them too. They are actually quite spoiled gals.
wink.png

Oh my!!!! I have a thread going too my honey gave mne the whole barn. Tha is beautiful and so well done!!!
cool.png

Mine looks like a garbage dump compared to yours lol lol but we are a work in progress. You should really feel so proud it is very very nice!!!

@Mattsculpt...thanks for the kind comment...I wanted to make sure that it was well built to ensure the safety of my gals. Plus this old chickie...wanted to be able to stand up in the pen area...easier on the back..
big_smile.png
The treated lumber was set in cement by the contractor. The coop was actually made by Leonard Bldgs and was custom ordered. Nice feature they have in ordering a coop. Since I intended to add the pen I talked to the contractor first to see what exactly I should order since he knew exactly what he needed to do. In a long run it saved me money. For example ...the coop did not have shingles since I was adding a roof over the pen....along with insulation on the inside on the ceiling since I was going to have the contractor add electric in the coop. Now my future plans are to extend the pen...lol...don't think you can ever have it big enough..
smile.png

@4heathernsmom...A WHOLE BARN !!! Soooo jealous!
smile.png
I have tried to make it cosmetically nice to help keep the neighbors happy. A lesson I learned....chickens for some reason have a negative stigma ...especially living in a development on a lake. One neighbor actually thought I was raising rabbits.
lol.png
City slickers.

Back
Top Bottom