Update On My Blind Chick =( * She's Gone *

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BirdBoy88, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:You can tell by their reaction to you, or to other chicks. A blind chick will not jump when you reach for it, or flinch if you look like you're going to poke its eye. I've used the red-laser pointers and they chase it like a cat, unless they can't see it. They go for anything red. And they cheep a lot. I mean A LOT.

Mark... :aww ... my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry she didn't make it. You did all you could for her...

2. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I'm sorry to hear your special little chick didn't make it.

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Hey, Mark. Hope you are alright. [​IMG] I know this hurts so much. You were a wonderful chickie dad to her and did everything you could. I am just so sorry you lost her. You are in my thoughts. :aww

4. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Songster

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    sorry for ur loss :aww

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Thanks everyone [​IMG]

yea i really miss her

i laid her to rest under our apple tree at the farm house.. i am really sure she would have liked that [​IMG]

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I am really sorry about your chick!

7. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    so sorry for your loss. i wouldnt have had the strength to keep that chick going

8. farmergal

farmergal Songster

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I too lost a little one this week that I'd tried my hardest to take care of.... given her a leg splint, tried to get her to eat, gave her vitamins, held her for hours... it's hard to let go when you spend so much time tending to them. She's in my garden now, finally free of pain.
    The best we can do is give them the best we can... sometimes, for whatever reason, it's just not meant to be.
    hugs!!

9. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear you lost the little one. It is so hard when you have to let one go. Just remember the good times.

10. Tiel59

Tiel59 Hatching

Jun 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I also hatched 2 yes 2 white silkies that have no eyes! They are now 2 months old and doing fine. I have a hen that seems to produce these chicks. I always found the others dead in the egg. With the hatch of these 2 I have taken her out of the flock and given her her own house and run. The reason these two made it I think is 1.) there are two and they talk constantly. 2.) a baby call duck hatched in the incubator (tx-7) at the same time and bonded with them! 3.) The call makes a lot of noise when eating or drinking and the chicks then join him. I came here to see if anybody else was as crazy as me. I have become very attatched to this pair and they live in a 25 gal fish tank. The call duck will soon be too big to keep in the tank, and I'm not sure what to do next.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: