1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Update on my Brood

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by marie_martin, Jul 17, 2007.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, the older set of my silkies is now 12 weeks old. I can tell that one is looking alot more roo'sh and someone is trying to crow?? Hopefully just the one I think. It is a white guy that I got from a lady in Memphis along with the 3rd set of eggs. He had a loopy neck and I did not think he would make it. But with lots of TLC, he is doing great and I never see his neck wobble. He is a bit mean to some of the others but only during feeding time. The second set are 8 weeks old and I think there are two roos in that group of 4. So I will have to find homes for someone. The combs are definitely bigger and they are much cockier. But will have to wait and see. The third set, from Memphis, well I don't have a clue as to what they are, but they sure are cute. They are about 3-4 weeks old, can't recall exactly. One is small and we call it Tiny, one is black so it is called Elvis, the one that went from White to grey now is called Memphis and the other two are going to be partridge I think but I have not decided on names, they look so much alike. I joked with my DH that I could name one BB King and one BBQ, but he did not think it was funny. I could call one Blue but then it would probably change colors. Right now it is a light blue color, but I swear the eggs said partridge. What color are partridge chicks to start with? I also have two salmon faverolles, lets not forget them. One is 12 weeks and one is 8 weeks and they are both pullets according to the feather colors. They are supposedly bantam but they are larger than my silkies. I am going to seperate them at some point. I do let the 4 week olds sleep seperately right now so they are not getting picked on in the coop. But during the day they are all in the run together. Anyway, will try to get updated pics tonight. Just wanted to post. Everyone is doing great. I just love the way the come up to me when I enter the pen. So sweet.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by