1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Update on my hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, Apr 18, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Well yesterdayday morning the first hatched. A little frizzle in yellow fuzz with a few dark spots, next by early afternoon came a dark frizzle. Before i went to bed i checked again and i was up to four, a bfl polish and a cochin had joined. Four am i heard oud protest peeping from the other room. A tiny partridge cochin was trying to hatch and had his wing stuck over his eye with membrane and a other one was hatching and got picked by the first born in the eye, so i had to help the out real quick. This when i found a dead chick that had a severe skull deformity with a real bad cross beak, i am glad it didnt make it, so i was spared putting it down. I woke up to i think a total of twelve eggs. I have one more partridge cochin hatching. There are two more eggs that i doubt that will hatch i saw no movement on day 18 candeling, but i kept them in anyways. But i have pretty much what i wanted , now i can get ready for a dozen ameraucana eggs. Oh i have a dark and a light silkie baby too, yay. [​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Nice hatching job... [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Good job!

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Way to go! I should have a couple of ducks hatch this weekend if they survived being baked at 110 for I don't know how long!

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:They could be fine . i had a 105.9F spike and then the other night when i checked the memory on my accurite it read 115F yikes!! I hope it a goof in the meter, but this is what might have hurt the two chicks that i think are dead.

6. newdock

newdock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    British Columbia
    Good job! Have fun with your babies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by