Update on my new "chicks" - the ones I'm keeping! (pics)

Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
So they're about 4 weeks old now. They grow like crazy, as we all know.
smile.png
Most of the meat birds have feathered out very nicely - for the most part. I must admit, my sister's right when she calls them buzzards! And they stunk like crazy, too, in their pen. Yesterday we moved them up to the big coop, after I cleaned it, and we sectioned off a corner for them during the night. My yard setup has a big yard in the back of the coop, and a gate by the side, and a smaller yard in the front where the "people door" is. (On nice days it doubles as the chickens' door... lol) So the young ones are in the front yard with the gate and the coop door closed, while the big girls are in the big back yard and have access to the coop via the trapdoor on the back.

I've picked out which Delawares I'm keeping. Thankfully there were 2 pullets out of the 8 we ordered! So here are some pics - with one of Clotilde, one of my Golden Nuggets, stuck in there, just because she's a sweetie.
smile.png
Her sister Carmel isn't the friendliest, so no pictures of her.
roll.png

Big Boy (aka JM, Junior Man.
big_smile.png
) He's a big lovebug...
love.gif

Big_Boy1.jpg

Big_Boy2.jpg

Big_Boy3.jpg

Valentine
Valentine.jpg

Blanche
delaware_pullet.jpg

Clotilde...
love.gif

Clotilde.jpg

I didn't bother taking any of my others - they're not going to be around long enough for me to love them like Big Boy, Valentine, Blanche, and Clotilde.
tongue.png
(And possibly Carmel... but she's not a lovey bird... )

Okay. Just thought I'd share them!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
He's a Delaware, along with Valentine and Blanche. I've got 5 other Delaware roos that are going in the freezer... Big Boy's the sweetest of the whole bunch.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom