Update on the 3 cats we found

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    We found 3 cats on Saturday night. I just want to let everyone know they are doing great. We had them took to the vet today! Only 1 of the three was pregnant!!!! This is wonderful news. We knew Aeria was prego. LOL. Here is a picture of what she DID look like. This little black/choco beauty gave birth to 13 (THIRTEEN) adorable babies. She is protective of them, so I am afraid to get in there with flash camera. But they are doing great. She's the perfect mommy!
    [​IMG]

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I'd like to add. Some of the kittens are really small. We lost 3, 2 were stillborn. We have 8 now I do believe. The others are the ones doing great. With the mom going through so much stress, I expected some to be lost.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

WOW! Thirteen you say!! [​IMG] I never heard of a cat having 13 kittens before! I just love having kittens around, they are so much fun, huh?
    Glad to hear everything is going good. Enjoy them. I'm certain that they are so happy to have "found" you. [​IMG]

4. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    THIRTEEN KITTENS!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OH MY GOOD GOLLY GORSH! 13!?!?

the biggerest littwer I've seen a cat have was 8, and even then 2 were stillborn

pic-a-turez!

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I will try to get kittens. She had them not long ago and is not liking me even messing near the bed she's in. I had to move out the 2 other cats as she was tearing them up. I have seen a few of the kittens. There are at least 2 calicos. Mom was the one that saw the deceased ones. 1 tabby, a tan one, and a tortishell. She wouldn't tell me genders, but she knows them... I couldn't look at them. I freak out when I see dead things. I don't know why. She is getting home soon to bury them.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

13 is too many to have them all survive. Sad, but better than being deformed. Those poor cats!!! You have done a great thing for them!!!

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:Thanks, but it's not just me. A neighbor checks on her while I am at school and the others at work. Mom and Grandma are the ones paying the bills to get their resp. infections treated. Aeria got scratched in the eye, possibly while trapped in the crate, and may lose sight. The vet gave us eye drops. The only reason we were able to take them was since they were strays, we got half off. Here, if a cat is expected to be prego, they are automatically put down since the shelters are overfilled already.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    I'm glad to see the kitty I helped name is doing good Leah! I'm so glad you guys found them, who knows what would have happened if you didn't.
    How are Imago and .. Buckwheat was it? How are they doing?

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    They are great. Imago isn't even sneezy anymore. Buckwheat is still crazy. He climbed the curtain to a shelf around the top of the walls and knocked down some old nic nacs. She has good taste, they needed to go! My family is a bunch of packrats! LOL. But both are good. Aeria is the only one still suffering with the resp, but I think that's because the kittens are dragging her recovery. She is on weaker meds so the kittens won't get harmed. She weezes in her sleep still, but is slowly getting better.

Imago is mine, I doubt she goes anywhere, unless I keep Aeria. Buckwheat is a little too evil for this household LOL

10. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Awww, she's a pretty kitty. I missed if there was a thread about when you found them. glad they are doing well.
    Good job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by