Update pics of chicken, since i had mix responses

Chick_lady09

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2020
I know I've posted asking before on this chicken, here is an updated pic!
A little more info. 20201113_163228.jpg 20201113_163252.jpg 20201113_163617.jpg 20201113_163739.jpg 20201113_163132.jpg
I got 4 chickens out of the same bin at TSC back during the beginning of Sept.. 2 are buff orpingtons pullets.. 2 are something else. Ive had mix responses about gender on the black one.. and mix response about breed on both. Im sure they are mixes of something, but any new guesses now that they are approaching 12/13 weeks?

It looks like two could be a poor quality partridge something? Maybe a partridge rock? MAYBE an EE, but hatchery EEs commonly have pea combs. Black one looks like a black australorp or black orpington, maybe?

Pullets, and the second favors the GLW family, but I am afraid I’ve lost my breed brain. You know? The knowledge that you lose if you don’t use. I could have been more helpful nine years ago. :oops:
Thank you.. I am just starting out with chickens.. so im still learning

It looks like two could be a poor quality partridge something? Maybe a partridge rock? MAYBE an EE, but hatchery EEs commonly have pea combs. Black one looks like a black australorp or black orpington, maybe?

Thank you! She does look similar to 2 of my other EEs.. but I don't know much more than comparing what I have. Lol. Maybe a mix of black australorp? I have 2 that are smaller, they have black eyes and solid black in color.. where this one has a few white wing feathers. Thanks for your opinions.. im trying to learn more.

Thank you! She does look similar to 2 of my other EEs.. but I don't know much more than comparing what I have. Lol. Maybe a mix of black australorp? I have 2 that are smaller, they have black eyes and solid black in color.. where this one has a few white wing feathers. Thanks for your opinions.. im trying to learn more.
You don't usually get a true mix from a feed store...no matter how poor quality, they are usually a single breed. Either or both could be one of the fancy egg laying hybrids (different than mixes or crosses) that hatcheries are selling.

Both girls. First is an Australorp, second is an EE. She could also be a hybrid, like a Starlight Green Egger, Prairie Bluebelle or something along those lines. Both of those hybrids have single combs and can have messy partridge pattern, but are basically an EE with a fancy name.

Back
Top Bottom