UPDATE:*PICS** OF MY BOXES PAGE 2!* Thanks 4 the help. how many boxes?

That's why we're here!
smile.png

That is a great idea. I second (third) putting a board down the center (or using the doors to make them) and IMO I would set it on its side putting three on bottom and three on top, but it depends I guess on the rest of your setup and how easy access it is. We are planning three boxes for our new coop with 10 hens. Never hurts to plan big though, I've noticed a trend on here, each year you have chickens your numbers keep increasing!

Last edited:
It's coming together very well, look at it now
big_smile.png
. comments appreciated.

0419091242.jpg

I took the back off of the cupboard, patched the middle, turned it on its side (as suggested, thanks Oceanseve) and made lips so nesting material would not fall out.

0419091241.jpg

This is a picture of shelves I made to fit the back of the cupboard for rear entry for the girls. (You'll see what i mean.)

0418091823.jpg

This is it mounted with the shelves behind it. (Remember it has no back.)

0418091823a.jpg

This is it open.

0418091824.jpg

Side view.
big_smile.png
, ignore the ramp going up to it and look at the next picture.

ramps.jpg

Look, when I put up planks like this the girls will have easy access to both levels of the boxes. (Not the best drawing in the world, I hope you get the idea.
smile.png
)

0418091824a.jpg

Here is a close up of the rear entry.

0418091825.jpg

Even closer.
smile.png

Im going to put a slanted board on top so they dont sit on it. I hope you and my girls like it. (They cant ask for a darker nest.) Questions comments?

I really like it and you gave me an idea. I have a special needs chicken that keeps roosting in the nesting boxes because she can't fly up to roost. Maybe I could put some kind of door on mine.

The doors on this box are just meant for easy egg collecting. The reason I made rear entry is to make it darker for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom