Update: Prayers Working for my 29 yr old Cousin

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cockadoodlemom, Apr 11, 2008.

1. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    I have a cousin who really needs all the prayers he can get so I came here to my chicken family for help. He is 29 years old and he had a massive stroke. It has left him paralyzed on his right side. They got him up yesterday and are trying to get him walking. He trys to form words but he is using pen and paper to communicate. They ran test and said there is a mass the size of a ping pong ball on his heart. They say a piece of this mass broke loose and went to his brain causing the stroke. They need to do surgery but say he is too weak and are hoping Mon or Tues he will be strong enough. Please pray for Brandon, the family, and his friends. I have not spent much time with him but I LOVE HIM. Again if you can Please say a prayer for Brandon.

THANK YOU [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    Prayers are being sent your cousins way.

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Consider it done. Prayers are on the way.

4. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Your cousin and family are in our hearts and prayers!!! The body is an amazing thing and I have confidence that he will come out of this as good as new!!!! I have seen many wonderful come backs in the years I spent on the rehab unit of our wonderful hospital. Be positive and keep the support up!! Thoughts and prayers for your family, Jenn

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

When needing prayers, this is the BEST place. Of course, your family have our prayers. Brandon is young...he will do fine...Have faith!

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    My prayers are going out for Brandon and the family. Stay Strong.

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Prayers going out to him and his family and friends. Hopefully the fact that he is so young will be on his side for his surgery and recovery. [​IMG]

9. CuddlesXL

CuddlesXL Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2007
    praying everything turn out OK

10. Yikchick

Yikchick New Egg

Jan 23, 2008
    Praying now for a quick recovery and for wisdom for the doctors as they care for Brandon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by