*UPDATE* Three Incubator matchup *PICS*

Can't wait to hear results and see pictures of all those babies
jumpy.gif

!!!!EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!

Day 20 and I have three hatched! Pipping started yesterday and is spreading like wildfire. Ok, now for the preliminary results:

Day 20:

Rcom 3 Egg: Two healthy little RIR chicks bursting withenergy arrived this morning. A third hasnt pipped but then again it's only day 20.

LG Still air: 1 poor Little fella was born this morning. Sad to say it but he still has the yolk sack attached to his navel. He's sleeping a lot but seems to be managing. Several more have pipped.

Miss Prissy special: 1 Pipped this morning. Still think it's too early to telll. Waiting and watching.

Now, do I just let them sit for 24-48hrs while the others hatch or should I move them to the brooder as soon as they dry out? Also, the little yolk sack fella..... What are his chances??

PICS COMING SOON:)

Last edited:
Sounds like things are moving along relatively well. I would leave your special little guy in the LG. Just make sure it isn't dragging that yolk sack around on the grate. You never know, chicks are remarkedly resilient. Don't count him out yet. Now how many times are you going to repeat this experiment? Any statistal wizards out there? What is the minimum nuber of data points needed for statistical significance? Sorry, I am a dork.
smile.png

Ok the latest news:

Miss prissy special: Two perfectly formed and healthy chicks arrived right on time this morning. Out of all three miss prissys bator has outperformed the rest. I am shocked as the Rcom was $160 and LG was $80. Just goes to show you some of the high priced units arent all their "cracked" up to be:)

12932_img_0894.jpg

Rcom: Two healthy chicks and a thrid egg that hasnt pipped. Still waiting but not getting my hopes up.

LG: One little chick hatch on day 19 with a huge yolk sack that eventually ruptured. It was weak and gummy so I gave it two days and had to cull it.

Out of 9 eggs: 6 hatched well, one runt I culled out, one pipped and died and one didnt pip.

The crew:

12932_img_0897.jpg

More updates to follow....

Back
Top Bottom