Update to dry pox post and potential wet pox now

Featheryyards

Chirping
Jan 24, 2022
So not too long ago I posted about my rooster and hen having yellow spots and I got amazing help finding out it was fowl pox. I’ve done everything I can to treat my entire flock and both birds have now almost fully recovered thankfully! ( Titus my rooster still has a couple white spots from where the scabs fell off but is 90% healed) however, I noticed my second hen for him, Daisy, has been going through a hard molt. She hasn’t hit a year old yet so I’m guessing this is just her first molt but this gave me a chance to see she is developing it. I thought no big deal I’ll keep treating her to get the infection over quickly for her. But today I noticed she was acting a bit funny and when I opened her mouth to check I say a tiny white dot on her tongue a bit towards the back of her mouth. I’m afraid it might be wet pox but I don’t know if I’m freaking out over nothing or if I caught it early that it hasn’t really developed. Is there any treatment method for wet pox I can start her on to help her survive it if it is?? I have giving my birds lots of poultry cell and probiotics ( and durastat and electrolytes since it’s triple digits here)

Back
Top Bottom