update!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cbrown86, Mar 7, 2011.

1. cbrown86

cbrown86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    Well, I got home from work about an hour ago, and both of my chicks are doing great! I just changed their bedding and put down shredded paper towel and I brought them into the living room for a little while. One of the chicks (they aren't named yet bc I didn't want my 6 and 4 yr old daughters to get too attached) really enjoys being held. The other doesn't mind for a few minutes at a time, but then wants to get away. The more friendly one fell asleep in my hand and when a moved my hand away from her, she pushed back up under my hand for a few minutes, then climbed up to my shoulder where she fell back asleep. Haha. I didn't know chicks were so cuddly. [​IMG] But so glad to say that these 2 seem to be doing great.

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That's how it begins and before you know it. You have 10 and an incubator hatching more any day.

3. cbrown86

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    OH NO! Ha, my husband will kill me... Well, maybe not since the chicks were his idea. [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Mwaaahaaaahaaaahaaaa! And so it begins.....

5. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    I have one that wants to sit on me every chance-they are only 5 weeks old. Of course she is my fav (she is a weird runt too I think....no tail, smaller and a little weird) the others love me cause of snacks.

6. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    hehehe.... another one sucked in.......

7. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    The incubators and turners are on sale at TSC, or you can just make one like I did. You might as well give in, you know you can't resist.

8. cbrown86

Mar 7, 2011
    Missouri
    LOL gee thanks, guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by