UPDATED 2nd Annual Sharkie Chickenstock NY 12989 Saturday JUNE 1 2013 10-3pm

Quote: She got the 30 I had been keeping next to her run. I've always put my chickens next to her and never had a problem so I don't know why she went after them. The ones she got were all those I bought from TS this year. My mixed bantams, speckled sussex, and black australorps. Thankfully my older bantams cochin live in a different area and my youngest batch of 20 mix breed chicks were not outside yet. So she didn't wipe out all my chickens.

If you have a lot I might be interested in buying a jar for my father. I can't stand pickled eggs, but he would live off them if he could.
I saw a recipe some where online that used the pickle juice after you ate all the pickles. I add some seasoning of my own choosing and if needed to top jar off more vinegar/water mixture. Let them set in frig for a few days and they're ready to go. My DH loves them. If you want I can make you a jar. I wasn't looking to sell them just contribute to the potluck.

Quote:
hide.gif
As much as I can...I have never had pickled eggs..... I would love to try them Ms. Tabs!!
thumbsup.gif

I have two other recipes for them too...Ill print off copies to hand out!!!

One for spicey hot ones then just regular pickled...

I don't really have a recipe. I looked online for a general idea. Now I just whip them together however I feel like at the moment. I usually put in onion, garlic, and peppercorns. If I think I need to add more vinegar I like using a little apple cider vinegar because I like its flavor.

The pickle juice adds that hint of dill to the flavor. And different brand pickles used give different flavored batches of pickled eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom