Updated Silkies - Pullets or cockerel???

Both my Silkies are Roo's
sad.png
....unfortunately I have heard both of them crow on several occasions. Of course, I would try to tell myself that I did NOT hear that! So, from 5 chicks I have 3 roos! They have all been together since the beginning but will the fighting get worse since I only have 2 hens? If I put the 2 silkies in a seperate run/coop alone...will they be okay if they only have a fence that seperates them from the other roo/2 hens (these are bantam Cochin)? I really hate to try to find a good home for them since they are my pets! Any suggestions would really be helpful.
smile.png

I feel your pain I got my granddaughter a pair of silkies. The roo was 4 months old and the "hen" was 3 months. She went on vacation for two weeks and guess what Lovey her hen started crwoing. So she now has two roos. You can not tell by looking at "her" Her topknot is not swept back but sign she crowed. Heres her picture or should I say his. BTW athey are together in a small cage and are fine so far no fighting at all.
1737_img_0040.jpg

See doesn't it look like a hen?

How many more hens would I need for 3 bantam roosters??? that would really be a good excuse to have more chickens!
smile.png

Sugar Sand Farm...your silkie is so cute! I just keep hoping that maybe they are imitating my other rooster since he has been crowing for so long now! My two silkies sound NOTHING like a rooster!

Ya know it seems to be a rooster year. Out of our group of chicks we started with in March, I'd say 75% have turned out to be roos:barnie.I think the breeder knows how to sex them and threw in a few girls,out of the 6 Silkies we got 2 seem to be pulleys.I hate deciding who goes they're all so pretty!Though the nice thing with Silkies is that they're pretty docile to eachother.They only go after my Favrolle chicks that are stand.size and a tad smaller than the Silks and the Cochin cockrel gets the Silkies.Time to find a few new homes, which can be tuff who wants a bunch of boys?
idunno.gif

It'd be nice if the hatcheries could sex Banties.My 2 buff Brahma's are roo,my 2 dark Brams are pulls. 2 of 3 Porcl.D'Uccles are roo,thankfully 2 of 3 Birchen Cochins are pullies, finally got lucky there.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom