::UPDATED with reqest'd pics:: Coop's Done!

Found the play house at Sams club and by leaving off the attached porch I was able to use the scraps to enclose it completetly, build nesting boxes (there are 4), add a chick'n door. As to howmany chickens it would hold, I dunno... that part was left off the instructions for building it!
wink.png
lol.png

thanks for all your compliments!

Last edited:
Very nice! I saw that playhouse at our Sam's Club here this weekend. I was trying to talk my dh into buying and making me a bantam house.

Oh, very cute! Looks like a great set up for your chicks. I am feeling bad about kicking the kids out of the coop that DH just built, they had been having so much fun using it as a temporary playhouse. My guilt might drive me to pick up one of those cute things for the kids!

Hi everyone...I have been lurking for a few days...this place is great...I just had to say, you did a wonderful job with this coop. I am really inspired by it. I didn't want to spend so much on the coop but I am seriously tempted to go to Sam's for this playhouse.

I have neighbors who would really appreciate me making the coop as pretty as possible, and this one is just adorable. I'd love to see pics of the inside and how you covered up the opening on the side of the coop against your privacy fence.

MermanMike:

I will post indoor pictures this evening for you. With regard to the large opening, by leaving off the included porch cover, I had many left over pieces. I'll post pictures of the enclosed archway this evening as well. That is actually where I installed the chicken door that allows them to come in and out of the coop. The tall fence side has another window that I covered over with chicken wire and removeable plexiglass cover (bought extra). The shutters that were supposed to go on that window (same was the ones in the posted pics) were removed and used to make the chicken doors. Sorry if I am confusing you, the pics will be better.

It was a fun project
big_smile.png
and I have basic to MAYBE intermediate carpentry skills.

That's awesome! Thanks so much...my skills are about basic to intermediate as well, but can only hope it would come out as nice...shutters for the chicken door sounds soo cute.

Back
Top Bottom