Updates on latest

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Well we have 5 Japanese Quail, and 8 assorted chicks as of last night. I loaded the pics on my machine at school and will be posting them tomorrow. One of the black babies has 5 toes!
K

LOL 5 on each foot! One has the regular 4 but 3 are normal size toes and 1 is tiny. They have very interesting looking markings too. I can hardly wait to get their pics online,, I can hardly wait to get my printer with the photo card working right at home too!
K

5 toes......maybe a silkie ! Such a great idea to get kids involved in projects that they would most likely never have experienced before ! I'm sure they will remember it for the rest of their lives !
wee.gif

I hope they do! We get out of school the 14th and go back on April 7, this is when we will be doing a lot of community work. One of my students is horribly upset because the family is going on vacation and he wants to stay and work with us.
K

Hey writer....I can't remember if you told me what grade/s you teach.....I was just curious . I wouldn't have the patience you do having so many kids around ! Sounds like you're a great teacher though , and willing to try different things to get the kids involved !Were the eggs donated ? If you plan on doing it again next year , let me know . I'll ship you some eggs , they'll be mutts , but I have some nn banties and would be curious to see what the mix would turn out to be !
tongue.png

Quote:
Hi, sorry to take so long to answer! I teach 6th grade but I do Science lessons for K - 8 and try to integrate live study into all lessons for all grades. Most have sent us eggs for just the cost of postage and we have fund raisers in class to pay for that.
We were hoping to have a better hatch rate than we did but the postal service ruined that for us! We had purchased our first batch off of Ebay before we found this site and not a single one hatched and we spent almost our whole budget of $50 on them so we had to raise more money.
It's worth it though, the respect for life grows greatly.

Back
Top Bottom