UPSET AT POST OFFICE! **UPDATED!!**

That just doesn't make sense, unless the feedback is entirely for the buyer's benefit. Will we still be able to write comments, at least? I'll have to go check it out.
hmm.png

They are trying to gear the feedback system to be more like a review of a restaurant and business. The goal is to get more honest opinions on sellers without fear of retaliatory feedback. There are some pretty nasty and vindictive people out there. From the write up I read on this decision in Feb., the opinion is that good sellers will always leave feedback as soon as they have received payment and have shipped. I personally wait until I get confirmation from the buyer that they received the item, as I feel that ends my end of the deal.

There will be a way for sellers to contest negative comments and you will still be able to file nonpayment against bad bidders. Look at the system as changing to being more of a ranking system, could you imagine a restaurant giving negative reviews on customers who don't tip well? I know in the past, I haven't been completely honest as I didn't want to say something that would set a seller off so they left me a bad feedback that affected my rating.

True...but still....now I feel as though I'm stuck. This guy could ignore me until May & then leave me horrible feedback!
sad.png
So now I'm thinking--do I leave him feedback, first--neutral & hope he the same? OR...do I just bare down & leave him negative while I can & prepare for me to get negative?
barnie.gif

I've been a member for 8 years now & I've tried VERY hard to NOT get ANY negative feedback (I have one from 2003) which was a situation similar to this....

So I think it's a bad decision on eBay's part....to the point that I probably will only use eggbid or the BYC boards to sell my hatching eggs since those are the riskiest items I sell (the artwork & clothing I occasionally sell have the lowest risk of getting negative feedback, IMO).

I just have gotten in the habit of waiting until the buyer receives my item(s) and leaves me feedback PRIOR to me leaving anything. It protects us both...so I'm sad about this....

Quote:
Yeah, it happens. I ordered 2 Sebastopol eggs & got FIVE! I was thrilled! Until the seller told me they were laying around the farm for (she's not sure how long) so she put them in with the fresh ones. I put them ALL in the incubator--because the fresh vs old/who knows were not marked, so there was no way for me to know which may/might/should hatch.....so we'll see.

With my eggs, the guy bought eight & I only shipped nine because that's what I had the day I shipped them. According him, five were smashed. Of course, he didn't have any proof when I asked....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I think......... I ALWAYS look to see WHY a person has negative feedback. especially if it's the odd one out. IMO even if they retaliate with negative feedback on you just to be jerks, I doubt that it will make you look bad to other buyers/sellers. You can respond to feedback and it will post next to the feedback left for you, so that when people read it they will understand what has transpired. I've been on ebay pretty much since the year it first hit the scene..... I don't judge any buyer or seller based on the occassional negative feedback. depending on why and what it says, not to mention the feedback of the other party involved, I understand that sometimes poo happens and not everyone is nice on ebay.

I think you should be honest, leave neutral if you're super worried about it. But at least that way other people know before they buy. (or sell)

Last edited:
At this stage, it would be wrong of you to leave negative feedback. Preemptive strikes are wrong. You said buyer claims several eggs were damaged and they had to pay extra postage on arrival. Since that initial contact, you haven't heard from them. They haven't been harassing you, they haven't left feedback, they haven't filed a claim with eBay or paypal, so honestly they haven't done anything but let you know that they are dissatisfied. Don't leave them a feedback until you have resolved this matter, that doesn't necessarily mean wait until they post feedback first as they may choose to never leave feedback. If they do wait until after the May feedback change, keep your emails/correspondence showing your request for proof as eBay acknowledges that if an item is damaged or not as advertised that you should take pictures to prove it and take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom