UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
WOW! If I ever saw anyone doing that to my birds, someone would have to hold me back! That is just uncalled for. I have never seen anyone treat birds like that at any of the county fairs or the PA farm show.

Lovins- are you going to have any BLRWs at CS?

Quote:
WOW! If I ever saw anyone doing that to my birds, someone would have to hold me back! That is just uncalled for. I have never seen anyone treat birds like that at any of the county fairs or the PA farm show.

I have 12 roos! take your pick or they will be processed..Im serious Ill keep 2 of the best I got 26 and 21 were roos!

Yah totally off topic, but one of my ILOVEFRIZZLE hens is developing what looks like some green in her neck feathers. I have to cut her from the project dont I her lacing is gorgeous... but...
he.gif

Quote:

I have 12 roos! take your pick or they will be processed..Im serious Ill keep 2 of the best I got 26 and 21 were roos!

Thanks, Nat, but we have a roo. I'd like to get another hen to put in with him.

Quote:

Thanks, Nat, but we have a roo. I'd like to get another hen to put in with him.

no problem Id love to give ya a hen if I had extras:-( I hope now by next Spring to hatch out alot of BLRW's and get some more pullets:)
fl.gif

Quote:
the green is the sheen-isnt that a good thing? I havent noticed that on any of mine yet but hmmmm--green feathers..nooo..sheen yes...I think?

Quote:
new avatar!!! LOVE IT!!! The meaties all look good and have aready gone through alot of food for babies! Im going to track it all ad see how much it truly costs for them until processing day!

My "Freedom Ranger" meaties are 3 weeks old yesterday and it is amazing how much food they eat and then how much comes out the other end. I never had a smell in the brooder with 40 non-meatie chciks, but with these meaties I have to keep adding litter to keep the smell down. They are growing terrifically though! I'm 1/2 way through my second 50 lb bag for 31 chicks. If they aren't too small for ther electric netting I'm thinking about moving their coop out onto the pasture. I've read the sooner they know what grass and bugs are the better. Then I can get them fertilizing the fields.

Back
Top Bottom