UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
That a white crested black LF roo??? If so... MINE!!!!

I don't think that was on your wish list
lol.png

Quote:
That a white crested black LF roo??? If so... MINE!!!!

I don't think that was on your wish list
lol.png

Listen you...
smack.gif

I have two gorgeous hens and no roo... neeeed a roo... they would throw kick butt babies!

Quote:
now listen people! I have 2 guns I will get CO2 and paint balls before then but if anyone knows of someone else who has a gun you can borrow-have at it-Ill work on borrowing my inlaws guns:)

PS masks have to be worn-

We have guns *hides under chair*

Now Nat...if you go around looking all hot (like you always do) with a paintball gun, and as a crazy chicken owner...my husband may just fall in love with you. THEN....you'll HAVE to keep him. Just sayin'

Quote:
now listen people! I have 2 guns I will get CO2 and paint balls before then but if anyone knows of someone else who has a gun you can borrow-have at it-Ill work on borrowing my inlaws guns:)

PS masks have to be worn-

Now Nat...if you go around looking all hot (like you always do) with a paintball gun, and as a crazy chicken owner...my husband may just fall in love with you. THEN....you'll HAVE to keep him. Just sayin'

LOL if she keeps Matthew do I get you by default? This might work **insert evil laughter**

Quote:

LOL if she keeps Matthew do I get you by default? This might work **insert evil laughter**

Of course!!!! This sounds better all the time!

Is there somewhere on this thread that explains what to bring for birds (quantity, breed), how to set up, etc., etc.? Do we just load up the wagon and show up?
big_smile.png
Do we bring boxes, crates...just want to be prepared in case I take home the entire Chickenstock!
wee.gif

Any information for us first timers?

Quote:
Bring empty (or full) pet carriers. A cooler, a supply of food and a small brick of shavings (like from Walmarts pet section or a garbage bag full) enough feeders and waterers for each carrier. You can transport in boxes if you wish, but harder to show birds you may want to sell. If they are unhandled they are easier to reintegrate into your flock due to lower risk for bio security so if people can see them without handling it's in your best interest. Let people know what you have to sell ahead of time to see if you have interest.

hmmm... what else... portable pens are good if you want them out at all. Gretchen had a cool set up with zipties and metal closet shelving.

Quote:
Bring empty (or full) pet carriers. A cooler, a supply of food and a small brick of shavings (like from Walmarts pet section or a garbage bag full) enough feeders and waterers for each carrier. You can transport in boxes if you wish, but harder to show birds you may want to sell. If they are unhandled they are easier to reintegrate into your flock due to lower risk for bio security so if people can see them without handling it's in your best interest. Let people know what you have to sell ahead of time to see if you have interest.

hmmm... what else... portable pens are good if you want them out at all. Gretchen had a cool set up with zipties and metal closet shelving.

Here's some pics from the NE regional chickenstock that were posted by lovinmypeeps and others who attended.

Quote:
oooh to early to think little ameracauna momma??

as far as what to pack for the birds-Lovins was dead on! bring enough suppplies to keep them happy-I have a hose set up down where we'll be so I do have running water for them-I will take all dirty bedding and shavings from everyones birds and they will be put in the burn pile:) I have a new crate for sale from a friend. I thought I would need it and it is still folded up with the cardboard around it! One of those foldable colapsable metal crates-size small 15$-I can sell that for sure. I have 2 antique chicken transport boxes that are for sale too ( wooden ones-they look like lobster traps) I will also have a mini coop for sale-these were the ones that Susan ( Ahappychick) sold out of last year. I paid 300$ total for it but it too small for my needs. perfect for a trio of bantams or a quad-or 2 LF-150$ OBO and a few other items that I have bought that just doesnt work for me:)

Last edited:
Nat, I'll take the metal crate!

And, I woke up to six more babies and 3 more zipping. Lots more pips!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom