UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

That was a great chickenstock, weekend, and most of all a wonderful time spent with friends. Thanks to Nat and everyone else who made it a huge success.

I made it home in just under 6 hours and for some reason I have 4 chicks in a brooder on my kitchen counter and one silkie in a bin on my kitchen table.
hmm.png

Quote:
Ummm, I think I remember reading that you think silkies are evil?

Yup, they're evil but this one is sorta cuddly. She's an absolutely useless poor excuse for a chicken but she's still ok. She's not mine either. ChickieMama asked me to bring her back for her.

Quote:

Yup, they're evil but this one is sorta cuddly. She's an absolutely useless poor excuse for a chicken but she's still ok. She's not mine either. ChickieMama asked me to bring her back for her.

Oh ok, just thought you went to the dark side!
lol.png
Glad everyone had a great time!

Whew! Finally home and birds settled - not drowsy the whole way thanks to the high from Chickenstock 2010 Sonew! Thanks so, so much for hosting - it was fabulous! (Even if not one wanted my scrambled egg sammiches! - How could I compete against grass fed beef burgers?!) Pics up tomorrow - and I better not see anymore of me!! Verboten!

Hope everyone gets home safe!

Ok, made it back to my place in one piece. Babies all taken care of, first time I even got to see all of the new ones that came home with us. Trailer parked and Gretchen tucked in, now I gotta get ready for work. It's gonna be a looooooong day!
Nat hunny, love ya bunches and thank you soooo much!

Quote:

wow you made good time!!! Hope your not too beat for work today:-( and as far as that evil white silkie is concerned-the kisses and snuggle noises coming from you says differently! She was a sweet heart of a bird for sure-Annie should love her to pieces!!!

Quote:
you guys were flying!!! Again-thank you for coming and bringing your awesome family-Tell Cathy I said hey and it was fabulous meeting her and cant wait for the next time to hang out by a fire-Thank you for bringing Mr.Sonew out of his shell-cracking it scrambling it-and cooking it well done! Hahahahahaa---he had a great time but cant remember-LOLLLL Even my inlaws commented how well the boys were -very polite and sweet-and My oldest DD cant wait to see the girls again at the next one!!! OH I have a jacket here that may belong to one of your boys?? its a "starter" jacket blue-black-and grey??? Boys size 8/10??? Let me know if its yours and Ill ship that sucker out-send me your addy:) Thank you for everything Bob

Back
Top Bottom