UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Is't paying it forward a wonderful thing? You all just gave me goose bumps.
hugs.gif

just got this pm from a friend that has been following our thread....his suggestion for cocci

It's called Baycox (toltrazuril)... It kills all strains of cocci in 2 days... I'm pretty sure it's not approved by the US FDA for use in egg production birds yet but it is used for and available for horses and pigs. I have a website somewhere that you can buy it from... it's not cheap but in an accute breakout it would be worth it to me. I was still reading up on its use in egg production birds and there seems to be limited data so be aware of the fact that the eggs probably can't be eaten for a period afterwards. I would rather buy eggs than lose my flock.

Here's the manufacturers website...

http://www.baycox.com

found the link to the site to buy it from... this is for horses so it it 2 x the strength for poultry. You would use half the dosage recommended by the baycox website above.

http://www.horseprerace.com/baycox-toltrazuril-200ml-p-29.html

Quote:
That is extremely sweet of you guys. I would love to take you up on it, but not until I get what we are facing under control. I found bloody stools in one run and my original roosters didn't crow AT ALL this morning. There are 7 of them with the flock. I'm getting a little nervous here.

Quote:
at this point they are free=there's 3 of them and if that person knows of others who want them by all means they can snag all 3 for other people to have too

Quote:
I'm In!
thumbsup.gif

BTW I just put up some LF wheaten/blue wheaten test eggs on BST.
big_smile.png

Geez..............do you have to live so %^&*&^%$ far from me!?
th.gif

Give me lots of notice on the date so I can separate my breeds... I have some good ones
smile.png
If it is not snowing I am in...
thumbsup.gif

Oh I hope everything is OK.
hmm.png
Good luck................

Quote:
That is extremely sweet of you guys. I would love to take you up on it, but not until I get what we are facing under control. I found bloody stools in one run and my original roosters didn't crow AT ALL this morning. There are 7 of them with the flock. I'm getting a little nervous here.

Back
Top Bottom