UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

I have quite a few babies I'll let go for free, both male and female. Will post pics this weekend if anyone is interested. All well and healthy at this time. (still in the house!).

Quote:
youll do anything to keep making room to hatch wont you? LOL
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I dont even have babies left:-( oh wait I do!!!

I have

1 OE with straight comb
1 Split lav silkie with a Tiny glimpse of a 6th toe-I think it is just the nail to be honest
thats it:-(

dont know the sex of these buggers either as they are 3-4 weeks old???

Last edited:
Quote:
Of course! but this last hatch is definitely my last for a long while. I think I may just hatch guineas next year if I can't find a good home for the roos and just pick up a pullet pack if I need to replace chickies. At least with the guineas it doesn't matter so much!

We have defective guineas that won't leave the coop area tho so they just hang out on the roof of the coop all day yacking to high heaven. eep!

How are everyone's eggs doing that they are incubating?

We had a gorgeous little splash Silkie hatch this morning. Poor thing, she was the only one we had hatching this time, so I am sure she's gonna be lonely until I get home from work.

The MF D'uccle are still in the game! I candled them again yesterday as I have a pile of eggs stuffed into my brinsea so sometimes one will get a little loose. One more favorelle candled out and possibly one more small mutt egg. Rest still cooking.
smile.png

great to hear that! mine are doing great! there are 4 maybes but I am withholding judgment on them for the time being..previous hatches have tought sp? me to be patient and do not do anything stupid
tongue.png

Quote:
Everyone who has bought my silkie eggs in the last 6 weeks are reporting fabulous hatches up too 100% hatch rates:) I just got a pm this am saying she has 9 chicks so far ( they are not done hatching ) and 3 are pure lavs-Im so happy for her an everyone else that is getting them but dang all mighty Im jealous as sin!!!!

Back
Top Bottom