UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
I am here! One pip so far on the millies, one on one of gretchen's remaining favorelles and two pips on the barnyard mix eggs from shellz. I hear peeping but no chicks yet! I hope a few hatch today so I can snatch them out to make room - had to stuff too many eggs in the brinsea cause I don't trust my hovabator. Thinking about using the hovabator as a temp brooder till I get a pile of chickies to take into my sunroom.
smile.png

I am so bad - I kept (at least) one roo from my 4-H giveaway yesterday and even though my neighbors will kill me if I have a roo, I'm thinking hmmm, he'd sure make cute babies and then I won't have to buy other people's eggs!
smile.png
I think he's a blue (standard) cochin.

Last edited:
Quote:
You can send them right along to my house! My bator is going to think we don't love it anymore here soon! It needs some Silkie babies growin in it!

Oh, and the 73 degrees comment
smack.gif

Quote:
Yep, your earring took up most of the box, along with the Velociraptor LF eggs for Lovins! lol Wait till she sees what she is getting!

hahaha does she know she's getting eggs??? I better set up a date ASAP for meet up hahaha

yah BOB lots o eggs---what ones?? Nope I dont care
barnie.gif
not going to ask again

Don't worry, didn't really send her eggs, but she will be happy with what we did send, I hope
fl.gif

Quote:
You can send them right along to my house! My bator is going to think we don't love it anymore here soon! It needs some Silkie babies growin in it!

smack.gif

right?? its 40 here and pouring!!! Im going to be away for abit to keep my mind off of bator and clean out all my pens today before winter really hits!
Mark is instally the outdoor wood burner-trying key word hahaha he has to crawl under our house to do the duct work
th.gif
no thanks! Ill stick my chicken poop!

Quote:

smack.gif

I need you and J to get ur butts down here so I can change up some of my breeding pens!! Need you guys to take the other birds!! Plus great excuse for J and I to get tanked up!!! Will save ya a few days worth of eggs

Quote:

smack.gif

I need you and J to get ur butts down here so I can change up some of my breeding pens!! Need you guys to take the other birds!! Plus great excuse for J and I to get tanked up!!! Will save ya a few days worth of eggs

th.gif
go go go !!!!

Quote:

smack.gif

right?? its 40 here and pouring!!! Im going to be away for abit to keep my mind off of bator and clean out all my pens today before winter really hits!
Mark is instally the outdoor wood burner-trying key word hahaha he has to crawl under our house to do the duct work
th.gif

Ugh, crawling under the house sucks. But, should be nice and toasty when he's done!

Quote:
th.gif

Ugh, crawling under the house sucks. But, should be nice and toasty when he's done!

I know _ we cant wait NOT to have 6-800$ monthly electirc bills and fuel bills at the same time-

Quote:

I know _ we cant wait NOT to have 6-800$ monthly electirc bills and fuel bills at the same time-

ahhhh....shorts, tank top and flip flops...life is good....I HATE THE COLD

Quote:
Yikes! Even mine aren't that bad and I have a pretty big clunky house with computers on 24/7. Our electric bill is is $200 or so in winter ($250 in summer, $150 the rest of the time) and I think we filled up the oil tank twice last winter so I think that worked out to about $200 a month. I think oil is pricier this year, tho.
sad.png

I'm from the california mountains where I was spoiled by natural gas. I think we had $100/month gas bills even under 7 feet of snow, but it didn't get as cold there. +9 was the coldest it ever got.

Back
Top Bottom