UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Someone in another thread said that MF d'uccle also are easily sexable within a few weeks. Is that true? And how?
smile.png
I'd like to see if I have another 10 boys
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I was able to sex them very quickly by their combs and was correct 100%.:<))
The roos quickly become wider/bigger/pinker held up to the hens. A couple of my roos bagan crowing very early as well (squeaky crows). Send some pics along.

Quote:

Not necessarily. If they are mixed they could look the same.... or like 2 totally different breeds. Mxes are a lot of fun to watch develop.Should be fun to see what they develop into. Good luck!

Quote:
They may be mixes. They should have 5 toes and can be feather sexed. Males feather in black and females feather in brown.

ok so if they are mixes then would they feather in the same?

Quote:
Yah, 2 weeks and on it gets really easy to tell sexes.

especially the boys:) hahaha-those two buggers are in heaven right now-they are in a huge pen in my kitchen-they are being housed with the moderns-they all get along I needed the cage below them empty for all the chicks Ill be hatching in three weeks-bator is getting loaded tonight-with 28 of my splits and 16 of your millies!!!

My hatch is done I cracked and all were gone:-*( shrink wrapped and Im totally confused on that because I had humidty perfect the whole time-im going to increase it during 1-18 this time and see where it gets me-so I have 6 weeny teeeny silkies in another brooder in kitchen-not you guys have seen my kitchen the space is packed hahaha

Quote:
Sorry the rest didn't hatch for you Nat, that really sucks.

So, I have a wonderful hubby. I am sick as a dog, so I stayed home from work today. He got up and let me sleep in. Usually sleeping in for me is like 8 or 9, nope, today I slept till 11:30! Holy cow! I got up and found Jeremy outside making a cute little area to put my chicken Christmas decorations in. Awwww, what a great guy!

Quote:
Sorry the rest didn't hatch for you Nat, that really sucks.

So, I have a wonderful hubby. I am sick as a dog, so I stayed home from work today. He got up and let me sleep in. Usually sleeping in for me is like 8 or 9, nope, today I slept till 11:30! Holy cow! I got up and found Jeremy outside making a cute little area to put my chicken Christmas decorations in. Awwww, what a great guy!

awwww glad you got to sleep in and a big awww for Jeremy being Jeremy
hugs.gif
All I want is that heating vent dang it!!!

how is everyone
frow.gif
been busy here...glad to see all the little chickies that hatched
smile.png
just read about Gretchens stroke and I hope she is doing well...been hatching eggs out here like crazy...up to 55 chickens here now
th.gif

Did you see my chicks, shellz? Maybe you can guess what hatched out. I was kinda bummed the two dino size eggs didn't make it - for some reason the humidity was too high for those huge eggs! They were black chickies tho
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom