UPSTATE NY chickenstock OCT 3rd Sunday!! -The aftermath and hatching

Quote:
blooming-how far do you live away from me? too long right?? I LOVE those seremas---LOL

like 8 hours
big_smile.png

But early Dec Im going to see the rents in Cooperstown NY
These were Baileys eggs I got for bringing his new hen home
love.gif

Cooperstown--Ill have to mapquest:)

Quote:
Can't really tell for sure if it is boy or girl, but I am leaning towards roo. It is definitely cuckoo, but from the pic, I can't tell if it is chocolate or not. It looked chocolate in the truck on the way to NY, though.

Quote:
Can't really tell for sure if it is boy or girl, but I am leaning towards roo. It is definitely cuckoo, but from the pic, I can't tell if it is chocolate or not. It looked chocolate in the truck on the way to NY, though.

Ha ha ha! I think this is my luck, all the way around. She/he looks like what color to you? Khaki cuckoo perhaps? Blue cuckoo? The flash is really bright, but not so much that her overall color has been affected. I am HOPING she's a she. Otherwise, I'll have 3 roos with nothing to do!

Quote:
Look at the little stubby toes on the little yellow one! Flippin cute!

haha It does have little fat, stubby toes
lol.png

seramas don't have fuzzy feet, right?

Last edited:
Quote:
like 8 hours
big_smile.png

But early Dec Im going to see the rents in Cooperstown NY
These were Baileys eggs I got for bringing his new hen home
love.gif

Bloomin
If your traveling I-88 to get to Cooperstown you'll literally pass by my house. I'm about 1.5 hours south of cooperstown.

Quote:

Bloomin
If your traveling I-88 to get to Cooperstown you'll literally pass by my house. I'm about 1.5 hours south of cooperstown.

Yep every time! thats my route
cool.png

So Im up to 9 chicks
Seems I have some Serama cochin mixes (fuzzy feet ones) Thee could be my fizzles
fl.gif

and still one mystery chick.
Im thinking the other mystery chicks will hatch one day after eachother... being Im guessing they were laid one day at a time and gather up by broody Chick Fillet. Sound right? BC she had started sitting on them as they were laid so they would have different hatch dates right?

One of those little yellow mutt chicks is eeeevil. Came home to the little one trying to eat off the toes of my MFD's. Grrr.. I bluecoted one and switched to a red light (my ceramic brooder light was really hard to get out of my other coop!) and they are all passed out sleeping now. If he remains evil I'll have to do some separation which is a pain in the tush when you don't have enough room to begin with.. LOL.

Hubs is making another brooder in the basement. We have "in between" chicks that are too small to go in the coop outside, yet too big for the tub brooder. We have about 10 OE's, and a chocolate egger (BCM X Welsummer) that I can't WAIT to lay eggs this spring!

Back
Top Bottom