Urgent advice wanted: traveling with newborn quail.

WolfGirlMagic

Songster
5 Years
Nov 9, 2017
i have an urgent need to travel, personal emergency reasons.
I have a day old quail, and i have no one able to "babysit".
How can i keep it safe and warm for a 2 hour drive?
I have a car plug heated blanket, can have hot water bottles, or microwaved rice socks. What can i do yo make this trip safe for the baby tomorrow?

Hi we did this using a car power outlet so had the whole brooder in the car we used tin foil around to.brooder to prevent fire risk I've also heard of folk keeping them warm in their bra but they will poop on u. I would also wet the feed when traveling the water sloshes out of the shallow containers when driving the hot water bottle or heat pack should work great too u can also travel with your heaters on but wear shorts so you are comfy hop this helps good luck😊

Hi we did this using a car power outlet so had the whole brooder in the car we used tin foil around to.brooder to prevent fire risk I've also heard of folk keeping them warm in their bra but they will poop on u. I would also wet the feed when traveling the water sloshes out of the shallow containers when driving the hot water bottle or heat pack should work great too u can also travel with your heaters on but wear shorts so you are comfy hop this helps good luck😊
Thank you! I will consider those things.
Hey guys another question
My heat lamp is too hot, and i fond it hard to keep temps right (not overheat the chick and give it ways to self rwgulate temps. I had to put it back i to the incubator set at 95 F because my heat lamp was cooking the ten gallon (it got "lost" in the larger brooder.)
Was thinking reptile heat mat, or ceramic heater instead thought?
No stores here have brooder plates/ tables.

It sounds like you have enough ways to keep it warm. Keep a thermometer in there so it doesn't get too hot as well. I would also take a dropper to give it water in case it isn't stable enough to drink. New chicks need to eat and drink a lot as well as sleep a lot.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom