!!!URGENT!!! CHICKEN IN DANGER!!!

Wow! i learned something new today...4 sure!
hope that I never have to deal with this problem, but if I do, now I'll know what to do! Thanks! ~Beulah

Bad news, apparently all the eggs were not out. I am back to square one. Should I just continue the warm water soakings?

Yes, continue, you can't OD on the warm baths and it helps her to relax and let the stuff out.... Wish I could hang around, but I have to leave for the weekend.

I hate to mention this, but you might consider culling her. This looks like a reoccurring problem.....

Yes, continue, you can't OD on the warm baths and it helps her to relax and let the stuff out.... Wish I could hang around, but I have to leave for the weekend.

I hate to mention this, but you might consider culling her. This looks like a reoccurring problem.....
You should absolutely cull her as it will keep happening. If you happen to pull her through this episode it will soon recur.

Check out my page and look at white we found when I culled my white leghorn. She had a huge mass and was way beyond egg bound. It was actually internal laying. I didn't want to cull her because I would rather them die of old age he but I know she must've been suffering. The mass was huge. This may be the same thing in your case.

Best of luck to you.

Unfortunately I had to kill her. The baths weren't doing anything and she couldn't walk, was in pain, etc. so I made what I believe to be the difficult but correct decision.

Unfortunately I had to kill her. The baths weren't doing anything and she couldn't walk, was in pain, etc. so I made what I believe to be the difficult but correct decision.
It was absolutely the right decision. Sometimes the hardest decisions for us are the kindest ones for our animals. I'm glad you did the right thing by your bird and put her out of her misery.

Back
Top Bottom