URGENT: Egg Bound, tips needed before I go in

PirateGirl

Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
South Park, Colorado, USA
I'm fairly certain my chicken is egg bound. I'm afraid to go in and try and manually remove the egg because I'm afraid of breaking it and doing more harm than good. Any tips from anyone who has done this ASAP would be much appreciated. I do not think she is going to pass it on her own and I fear the clock is ticking. How long do you give her? I think I need to go in before I go to bed or else she might not make it through the night! Help. She has already had calcium and a warm soak. She is now in a dog kennel in my house straining and falling over.

I'm fairly certain my chicken is egg bound. I'm afraid to go in and try and manually remove the egg because I'm afraid of breaking it and doing more harm than good. Any tips from anyone who has done this ASAP would be much appreciated. I do not think she is going to pass it on her own and I fear the clock is ticking. How long do you give her? I think I need to go in before I go to bed or else she might not make it through the night! Help. She has already had calcium and a warm soak. She is now in a dog kennel in my house straining and falling over.
I do not know how to help but am praying for you!

Back
Top Bottom