URGENT EMERGIENCY HELP!

Her foot looks to me like a bruise caused from repeated jumping from something too high. Are your roosting bars too high in the coop? Is there something she flies up onto and jumps down from regularly? Are there rocks or pine cones she could be stepping on? It could be caused from a number of things that you should rule out. I had one who would fly to the top of her coop-6 ft- and jump down several times a day and wound up with a serious case of bumblefoot. It doesn't appear to be infected from the pictures, just a bit swollen and bruised. As previously suggested, try soaking for a few days in Epsom salts. Not every injury is life or death and if it hurts she will not want to walk on it. Is she eating and drinking and pooping normally? If so you may want to put her in a small cage for a couple of days and allow the foot to rest/heal.

Her foot looks to me like a bruise caused from repeated jumping from something too high. Are your roosting bars too high in the coop? Is there something she flies up onto and jumps down from regularly? Are there rocks or pine cones she could be stepping on?  It could be caused from a number of things that you should rule out. I had one who would fly to the top of her coop-6 ft- and jump down several times a day and wound up with a serious case of bumblefoot. It doesn't appear to be infected from the pictures, just a bit swollen and bruised. As previously suggested, try soaking for a few days in Epsom salts. Not every injury is life or death and if it hurts she will not want to walk on it. Is she eating and drinking and pooping normally? If so you may want to put her in a small cage for a couple of days and allow the foot to rest/heal.
Well, she was jumping off my bike a few times, will she get bumble foot? She sits down i think poop is normal and not sure if eating or drinking

Right now just do the Epsom warm water soaks once a day and see how she is in a few days. Keep her off your bike or anything else that is kinda high.

Back
Top Bottom