URGENT- FREE PEKIN ROOSTER ( Australian south coast NSW, Jervis bay/Nowra area)

Dook

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 28, 2010
Wagga Wagga, AUS
Probability of any Aussie on here looking for a free rooster is slim, but I'm listing him everywhere to try get him to a new home ASAP!

VERY URGENT give away!! We moved recently to a new area with neighbours who obviously don't like them crowing. We got a notice from the council about noise complaints from our roosters. =( They were hand raised/hatched by us... I love them to bits..but we don't want to get a fine or cause any more drama.

7month old pure bred Pekin Rooster - Splash colour.

Also have urgent need for my older boy, mixed/unknown breed. 1.5yrs old.

Thanks!

Dang, wish you lived closer to me... I'm near Brisbane. :/ I have some little banty hens in need of an appropriately sized rooster. If he's nice to hens and if I lived closer to you I'd take him. Not sure about the bigger boy, already got some big ones. Hope things work out for you. Sucks to be in that situation, I've been there.

Best wishes.

Why cant people understand that dogs make more noise than a rooster does!? Sorry about the situ I live in the us or we would take them both and find them a home for you this weekend.

Thankyou both anyway! ^_^

And very true about dogs..there's alot of yap dogs around here that bark all through the night!! My guys only crow about 2-3 times every 2 hrs in the morning, and pretty much quiet for the rest of the day.

Hopefully I can find someone soon!

Probability of any Aussie on here looking for a free rooster is slim, but I'm listing him everywhere to try get him to a new home ASAP! VERY URGENT give away!! We moved recently to a new area with neighbours who obviously don't like them crowing. We got a notice from the council about noise complaints from our roosters. =( They were hand raised/hatched by us... I love them to bits..but we don't want to get a fine or cause any more drama. 7month old pure bred Pekin Rooster - Splash colour. Also have urgent need for my older boy, mixed/unknown breed. 1.5yrs old. Thanks!

Never hard of a collar that could do that! X"D sounds interesting!

And sorry can't ship them anywhere...I am with out a vehicle atm =( so pick up's only..at least until I get a car again!

Let us know how that collar goes if you try it, please. :)

Best wishes.

Why cant people understand that dogs make more noise than a rooster does!? Sorry about the situ I live in the us or we would take them both and find them a home for you this weekend.

They understand just fine that dogs are noisy, in my opinion. I'd bet those complaining about the noisy chooks have dogs themselves.

But there's the pet vs livestock perception issue --- when they think 'chicken', they think 'livestock' and immediately associate this with poop, disease, stench, noise.

When they think 'dog' they think 'pet', and associate that with cuteness, licks, petting, walks, fetch, cuddles.

They should be thinking 'animal' in both cases, which means all of the above, both pros and cons. But some folks, you'd think their dogs and cats defecate only nuggets of pure sterile gold and your chooks and sheep (etc) defecate only explosive spore bombs of deadly contagious disease.

Plus many folks have this whole hoity-toity attitude about livestock animals, even those kept as pets --- it's beneath them, you're dragging down the tone of the neighborhood. ;) You feral, you.

Best wishes.

SOOOO TRUE Chooks4Life! They dont understand they are indeed my PETS, my babies, my children! =P They give me cuddles and love and even a bonus of 6 eggs a day! The boys don't, but they like their cuddles and they keep the hens in line =)

I bet its the neighbor on our right..they have an annoying yap dog and some old people living in the shed....Grr.

I rang the council to ask if I had some sort of time limit to have their crowing sorted or find new homes for them. They seem pretty relaxed about it and happy for me to just keep them and try new ways of suppressing their crows. But since I am actively looking for new homes and trying to get them to be quiet of a morning, thats all there really is I can do. SO all up, they contact the complainers and tell them we are trying to sorting it out =P

STILL though, my other half comes back from detachment in 2 weeks and he says if they aren't gone by then, he'll get the axe out and sort them out himself :(

I don't think i'll have any luck with my big guy finding a new home..... so my last resort (so that his life is not wasted) I could take him to the wildlife park here..they accept roosters....but they soon end up as dingo meat. As sad as it is....I guess its better he be used for a purpose than slaughtered for nothing.

Little guy I have a few people who are interested, but needs to driven for drop off....and I dont have a vehicle atm so it's hard. I'll see how I go in a couple weeks!

Back
Top Bottom