URGENT HELP NEEDED! PLEASE!

ForCluckSake

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 24, 2013
So today, the lamp in my incubator broke and as the incubator was in my garage, the temperature dropped to around 15%. The eggs were cold-ish when i went to move them. Are they dead? I've put a big desk light shining directly on top of the eggs in order to heat them up again. The light was hot within two minutes. Is there anything else i can do? Any help is appreciated, novice or expert advice :)
Thanks

First, fix your incubator. Then put the eggs back in. The desk lamp won't be a good substitute, you may overheat the eggs on the top side, especially if it's halogen.

Cool doesn't hurt, and 15% isn't a temperature, it would appear to be a humidity reading, and less critical unless you were in the last three days before hatch.

UPDATE TIME!!!!

So i went out this morning, to check on them, i had next to no sleep, to find that the temperature seemed fine.

But i found that one of my family decided to do this to "get the air circulating" as the fan inside turns off when it reaches a certain temperature.

This is the readings i got back to... since this the humidity has gone back up to a normal level.

I was a bit anxious as to whether or not the light was placed correctly, so i turned it around and it is now facing the water tub containing rocks. Is this good or should it be put back the way it was?

I decided to put the lid down so that the humidity would rise again as we're currently on day 20, so i figured high humidity was needed!

As always, feedback greatly appreciated :)

I would make darn sure the light does not overheat part of the eggs. Burning chicks to death in their shells would be a very bad thing.

Any signs of life?

I would make darn sure the light does not overheat part of the eggs. Burning chicks to death in their shells would be a very bad thing.

Any signs of life?

Agreed. If you cover it, you will need a light bulb with a fraction of the wattage you do for an open incubator. Say you were using a 100 watt bulb, you may now need a 25w.

I would never point the light directly at the eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom