Urgent help needed!!!!

Glenmar

Songster
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
VIRGINIA
I came home tonight at midnight to lockdown my duck eggs.
I have a Brinsea ECO 20. All 6 eggs were pipped!!!!!
I quickly filled the water chambers , but I can't get the humidity about 60.
It is supposed be 70 for ducks. I have added water with a syringe and straw through
The vent, but can I open it to add some paper towels?????

Do you have a clean spray bottle with no chemicals? If so, open and spray the eggs with warm water. Or, a sponge saturated in warm water is a good humidity booster. Happy hatching! As soon as they hatch, the ducklings should boost the humidity too.

I don't know Glenmar. Try putting "Low humidity and lockdown" or something similar in the title.
fl.gif

If you've got water in both channels on the floor of the bator and it's still not getting much above 60%, I think you might have to open the lid and add some paper towels or cloths, spread out flattish over the floor but dipped into the water to wick it up and increase your surface area. If it was chicken eggs, I'd probably say just leave things as they are, but ducklings really do tend to need a higher humidity to zip and hatch. Try to open the bator in a humid room, if you can. A bathroom with the shower running is ideal for this...

I actully open my btor pretty often even during lockdown
hide.gif
I have eggs at different stages so still need to turn some during lockdown. I watch my humidity really often, and use soked pper towels, custrd dish of wrm water in addition to the water chnnels, and use a spraay bottle to mist a lot (the spary bottle gives a pretty instant humidity boost in my experience)

It works for me. I just had 8 ducklings hatch with this method...

Ok. I misted the eggs. Then opened the bator and added
some paper towels. The humidity is 70. I could hear them peeping.
Hopefully they are ok.

Good idea. I am at work now. I instructed a friend to mist when they get to 60% to bring it back up to 70%. Does that sound OK???

Back
Top Bottom