Urgent help please.

iFairyx

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
England
Hi there,

One of my alyesbury ducklings has caught her head in their run, she now keeps holding her head right back,
and her eyes are bloodshot.

Is there anything I can do to help her?

She is probably in shock right now. Keep her in a dark quiet place. You might offer some water just in case she is dehydrated.

Electrolytes provided orally via a syringe might also help - don't overdo for right now, just try to calm her down.

Last edited:
She is probably in shock right now. Keep her in a dark quiet place. You might offer some water just in case she is dehydrated.

Electrolytes provided orally via a syringe might also help - don't overdo for right now, just try to calm her down.
Does she have any visual wounds to her head or neck? I agree with sourland she probably is in shock and needs to be kept as quiet as possible. How long do you think she may have been that way?

caf.gif

Hi everyone,

Sadly as I was putting her into her bed for the night she died :'( I guess the only comfort
was that she died in my arms and not on her own in a dark room....

On brighter news, the other 5 ducklings have grown so much! They've lost most of their yellow fluff and now have
white fluff/feathers.

Thank-you all for your advice, at least I'll know what to do should I ever be in a similar situation.

iFairy x

Thank-you <3

At least she isn't in pain now (don't get me wrong I cried like a small child when she died, but shes not suffering anymore).....

You win some you lose some, sadly thats the way it goes sometimes with animals.

Hi everyone,

Sadly as I was putting her into her bed for the night she died :'( I guess the only comfort
was that she died in my arms and not on her own in a dark room....

On brighter news, the other 5 ducklings have grown so much! They've lost most of their yellow fluff and now have
white fluff/feathers.

Thank-you all for your advice, at least I'll know what to do should I ever be in a similar situation.

iFairy x
Thank you for letting us know. and so sorry
hugs.gif
. now how about some pics of the rest..
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom