Urgent Help - Respiratory problems, stopped laying eggs, diarrhea

I don't understand very well the question, not sure if it's a language problem, but I've just listed the feed I've been giving her and all the details in the other comments
I'm asking if canary feed was the only food that was was available to you to buy for her. Unfortunately, it's not the best diet for quail. She needs a food made for gamebirds. Quail also don't live very long, she may be too old to lay.

I wasn't sure if I should post on the quail sub or on the diseases sub so I thought it was best to post in both so different communities could give their advice.
I had wrote that on your other one before suggesting to the mods to delete that one as nobody replied on it and no need for two posts. She merged my comment there to here.

Sounds kinda like she might have CRD, Chronic Respiratory Disease or MG.
Mycoplasma gallisepticum is contagious and can also be transmitted vertical via the egg. She may have hatch with this disease! It is mild with her as she has no swelling of the face or eyes.

What you described with her having diarrhea periodically, and the 'clicking' noise coming from her lungs while breathing are symptoms often overlooked by backyard quail enthusiasts.

There is no cure, if she recovers from this spell, (doesn't sound good) she will be a carrier the rest of her life. Some medications will relieve the symptoms but will not cure. Tetracycline, and Oxytetracycline work best for relieving symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom