[URGENT] Help with broody goose hatching goslings!!!

Don’t separate them! Just keep them in doors. Or in the shed you have them in. You don’t need to separate them. Get them some food.
I had to, things were just spiraling out of control, with males not looking when walking, goslings going under the door and almost getting killed by a drake, dogs taking too much interest in them... they probably wouldn’t have lived a week.

I had to, things were just spiraling out of control, with males not looking when walking, goslings going under the door and almost getting killed by a drake, dogs taking too much interest in them... they probably wouldn’t have lived a week.
oh The males. Forgot they were hanging out. Do you ha e a big enough brood to have a full grown mama goose hanging out?

I'd have a very hard time eating them. They have so much personality. Of course I can't eat my ducks either. They are all pets. My chickens live till ripe old age and die. My extra roos are the only ones we process. I just enjoy having them around.
I eat my quails and occasionally my chicken, but I can’t kill them, I let my grandma do the job, I wouldn’t be able to watch them die. I ate one goose once because he was badly wounded by a fox and had to be put down, and since it was around Christmas time we figured we’d rather her life not go to waste

I haven't any problems with others eating their poultry I just can't, although I do eat meat just not mine lol. Only if we have too many roos, My dh does the act here.
I've never eaten goose or duck.

oh The males. Forgot they were hanging out. Do you ha e a big enough brood to have a full grown mama goose hanging out?
No way I’m getting that poop machine inside my house lol, I tried with a chicken and 2 ducklings, had to move them out in a new wire cage in 1 week time cause they’d make such a mess lmao

So, small problem, she doesn’t wanna stop the incubation, she was sitting on the two remaining eggs, I removed them today cause I feared she might be losing too much weight and figured if any were still alive I could just finish them off in the Bator... they exploded before I could even bring them inside lmao. I coerced her out of the nest (another bloodbath), destroyed the nest(displaced the hay) and closed the door behind me so she will have to spend the next two hours or so away from the coop. Is that enough? Should I be doing something in particular?

You’ve done good, it will take time for the hormones to dissipate so just make sure she’s eating it took my female goose a week to come through her broodiness.

You’ve done good, it will take time for the hormones to dissipate so just make sure she’s eating it took my female goose a week to come through her broodiness.
Aight, thanks. Yesterday I tried to give the gosling to a broody hen with two ducklings but she didn’t like them lol, she looked at them for a minute then decided to try and peck them to death, thankfully I was there to take them away had she tried that, guess I’m just gonna keep them under the IR light then lol

Here’s the hen with the ducklings btw :)
863AE909-4296-4D90-A94A-C000B20A895A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom