Urgent Help!!!

just saw your posts ... thanks for the advice... the chick hatched on his own but unfortunately had a bloody navel and curled toes... ive stopped the bleeding from his navel and wrapped him in a dry washcloth straight out of the dryer for about 5 minutes so he wouldnt get it bleeding again... then put him in the bator to warm up to discover he cant walk... oh well... i guess we can address the feet tomorrow if he makes it through the night... say a prayer for the little fellow... pitiful!!!

Awwww...we will ....and you are right you can address the toes tomorrow.....he is probably really tired....he should have alot more strengh tomorrow also...keep us posted
fl.gif

Last edited:
many times newly hatched chicks done walk upright...they kinda skoot around for the first day then the next day wow like magic they are up and running around. The little bit of blood at the navel shouldnt hurt at all as long as it wasnt alot. I just manually hatched my first paint silkie chick because it got shrink wrapped and it did the same thing...a little blood that I dabbed off with some toilet paper and didnt walk upright till the following day...it is now in my brooder with some bigger 2 week old silkies and keeping right up wth them.
big_smile.png
Dont give up on yours...if it has curled toes, you can always tape them. I have done that many times too.
wink.png

Heres my paint on the day it hatched...it kinda skooted around wiht its legs out a bit:
1stpaintbaby006.jpg

and here it is the next day up and running:
1stpaintbaby017.jpg

Heres one with taped toes:
Im002100.jpg

man that last pic is old!!! LOL I see my youngest daughters crib in the background and she is now 8! LOL Her crib was in my master bedroom and so was my incubator! LOL
wink.png

thanks for all the help!!! After staying up ALL NIGHT stopping bleeding and shaking and warming up this sweet little thing i FINALLY have a little chickie that has dryed and been put in the brooder with his brothers and sisters... he wasnt walking at all in the incubator but seems to be catching on now that he sees someone else doing it.... he still not 24 hours old so im gonna give him till tonight before i tape his toes.... im thinking its definately splayed... but any advice would be appreciated... ive never seen splayed toes only pics on google... posted pics best i could get for help... the first ones just for fun after we got the bleeding stopped my little girl said he was lonely and needed a friend... so she gave him her FurReal!
smile.png

109150_img_1196.jpg

109150_img_1202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom