URGENT, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Kurchakasilkie

Hatching
Sep 29, 2016
My one year old, newly adopted Polish/Silkie cross is bullying my 8 month old Silkie. I got the Silkie when she was 6 months, so this is her second month here. I got the Polish cross 3 days ago and she is one year old. After three days of being together the Polish cross(Eve) is still bullying my Silkie(Kurchaka). Eve is pecking at Kurchaka when she eats and sits and sleeps at the top of the stairs to the run, not letting Kurchaka in or out. Eve also does not want to get picked up and always runs away. I do not know what to do, I just want them to get along. Please help!!!! An idea is a good idea!!!

Unfortunately that's how chickens interact, especially if they don't know each other, and even than one pecking another is normal in a chickens world. Having only two birds means they have only each other to focus on. In a bigger flock the pecking is spread out more.

OK thanks! We also have came to the conclusion that Eve(younger bully) may be sitting at the top of the stairs because she is afraid of them and wants to go down but is too scared. How do you think we should go upon fixing this?

It's always best to let them work things out. If a bird wants to hide or stay on the roost all day I let them. Eventually it will all work out, give it lots of time. Make sure you have multiple places for food and water, and maybe even remove the more pushy bird here and there for an hour or so, to give the other a small break, you can set a small wired off area, or put her in a crate. Otherwise I would just let them be unless blood is being drawn, than you might have to separate them by a wire for a while before trying again.

Back
Top Bottom