URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!

Can you get ivermectin pour-on 5 mg per ml from a cattle or pig feed store or online? Dosage for chickens is 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight applied to the back of the neck between the shoulders on the spine. Repeat in 14 days. Since it is not approved for poultry due to a long egg withdrawal, I would discard the eggs for at least 7 days. Here is an article about egg withdrawal and brand names in the UK:
https://poultrykeeper.com/poultry-medication/ivermectin-for-worms-lice-mites/

Also, to help prevent more parasites like mites and lice, letting them dust bathe is great! If there isn't dirt around, you can make an area with sand, charcoal, dirt, and DE.

Love this idea, they do have plenty of dirt and little stones and sand about but I like the dust bathe idea. I'll be doing this for sure.

Ive just gone to check they're all in bed and she doesn't seem right, can lice cause them to become unwell?

It weakens them, weakens their immune system and makes them anemic, which can make them susceptible to other infections and diseases. But otherwise I don't really know what else they may cause.

Back
Top Bottom