Urgent- Rooster Feed

bakhbakhchicken123

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
Hi!
I purchased a huge bag of chicken feed for my roosters that is formulated for roosters. It is advertised to appear as crumbles but when I opened the bag, all of the feed in there looks so broken down - almost like sand. Are the chickens able to eat this? I can't imagine that they can pick this up with their beaks so easily...it looks like it would blow away as powder almost. I tried making into a mash by putting in water but they never even finish it and it goes to waste. Is there any way to preserve mashes because they usually start forming white mold pretty quickly... Please give me some feedback on both the feed and mash / mold issue. Thanks.

The powder affect can be an issue with crumbles, as they can be crushed to powder during the life cycle of the bag of feed.

If it's mostly all powder, I'd take the bag back...some powder is ok, but there should be mostly crumbles.

I mix my crumble powder with water to make a thick oatmeal paste consistency. The chickens really like it. I make it fresh daily though, so have no issues with mold.

What brand and model of feed?
What is the milling date?
Should be printed on the tag at bottom of bag or on the bottom sew strip.

Back
Top Bottom